Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Korean Magpie

A Korean magpie. I saw one of these beautiful birds sitting on the window sill of a colleague at work this afternoon. Although I wasn't quick enough to get a photo, I offer up this one that was taken a little while back.

Speaking of things that fly (or not as the case may be), I mentioned in a post the other day that I had been caught up with the closure of both airports in Bangkok. Well, I managed to get out of Thailand on Saturday morning on a flight from U-tapao International Airport, which is about 2 hours drive south east of Bangkok. I spent the previous night standing up at the international departure gate, together with hundreds of other travellers, after I was bumped to a later and even further delayed flight. I finally got back into my apartment at Seoul at about 6 pm on Saturday night, having spent 23 hours travelling. I hope that the following short video gives you some indication of the chaos that was (and for the time being probably still is) U-tapao:

No comments: