Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cheonggyecheon Challenge

I have posted previously about Cheonggyecheon, the restored stream running through the centre of Seoul. However, my explorations have focused on the western end of the water way in Downtown. I only discovered recently that the restored stream wends its way for around six kilometres before finally flowing into the Han near Seoul Forest Park. On Sunday we set out to walk the full length of the stream, but fell short of our goal when the heavens opened up just after we reached the Cheonggyecheon Museum. We were forced to resort to catching the subway back home. In coming posts I will feature some of the photos that I took on this walk.

The photo for today was taken near Biudanggyo. All along the stream there are sets of stepping stones like these ones, and the kids love running back and forth across them.

3 comments:

ananda.tashie said...

The stepping stones add an element of magic - nice photo. :)

Murphy_jay said...

I think the stream is really cool.. heard the night scenery is even more beautiful. Must catch it on my next visit.

kenziekylanmom said...

Oh, I just love that. I would run across them too they just look like fun!