Saturday, March 22, 2008

Talking Toilets

This is a shot of the male toilets on the observation deck of N Seoul Tower on Namsan. You can probably see that they also afford excellent views of Seoul.

Why have I chosen to post a photo of toilets on my blog? Well, 22 March of each year has been declared World Water Day by the United Nations. 2008 is also the International Year of Sanitation so World Water Day '08 also promotes this important cause.

The UNESCO Director-General's message for World Water Day 2008 can be viewed here.

While I'm talking toilets, I can tell you that the public toilets in Seoul are among the cleanest that I have seen anywhere. If you're interested, you can view my other musings on the topic of toilets here.

2 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Well, why not? Actually these toilets have a sculptured shape to them I've not encountered before. I think my favorite porcelain toilet has to be in the Schipol airport in Amsterdam. Each has one black fly in the bowl, and the first time I saw one I really thought it was a real fly.

Phil_O'Logus said...

Thanks Chuck. I've seen those flies at Schipol; I thought the same! Cheers...