Friday, March 21, 2008

Cable Car

The Namsan cable car was built in 1962 and takes passengers about 600 meters from a station near Myeong-dong to a platform just below the base of N Seoul Tower on Namsan. I understand that it was the first commercial cable car service for passengers in Korea. I took this photo from an observation platform on the side of Namsan. I have not travelled in the cable car yet as there have been long queues to use the service when I have been there. On this particular day there appeared to be a lot of folks crammed into the cars.

4 comments:

JuxtaExposed.com said...

this is cool. it must provide an amazing view!

Lezard said...

Is that normal to have so many people in one car? It looks very crammed indeed!

Chuck Pefley said...

They do look a bit like sardines. -:) I was lucky riding the cable car in Switzerland up to the Eiger as it was fall, and very few tourists on board. Made it possible to walk from side to side to check out the veiw below.

Phil_O'Logus said...

Thanks for the comments. Although I have not travelled in it, I suspect that the view wouldn't be any better than you get from the observation platform that I took the photo from. I was actually very surprised by the number of people who were jammed into each of the cars. Next time I'm up there I'll try and find out how many folk they are allowed to carry. Cheers...